£11 per hour
Care Home Catering Manager
40 hour contract
Based on a 40-hour contract you will actually work 37.5 hours per week on average due to unpaid breaks
We are looking for an experienced Catering Manager to join our team to deliver an outstanding service for adults with complex needs.
The post of Catering Manager is all about ensuring that services users are offered meals which are nutritious, balanced and appetising, whilst catering for their dietary needs, likes and dislikes.
As the Catering Manager, your key tasks will include:
- Maintaining a balanced and varied menu
- Meeting with service users to identify their food likes/dislikes
- Menu planning in advance, ensuring that choice is offered for every meal
- Preparing and cooking food in a safe manner
- Preparing a well-balanced diet for those with medical conditions or faiths which require special diets
- Ensuring that all food hygiene standards are complied with, completing all relevant checks and records
- Ensuring that the kitchen is staffed appropriately and that the team is provided with a full induction and training and development programme
- Controlling stock and purchases, working within an allocated budget
- We would expect that you will have Food Hygiene Level 3 or be working towards it, and have previous experience in a similar position.
- You will have experience in leading a Catering or Kitchen team.
- Experience in preparing food for people with dysphagia would be extremely beneficial.
- The ability to prepare food that looks great, along with being safe and nutritionally balanced.
As an integral and appreciated member of our Exemplar Health Care team you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 4 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500
N.B. This role is being advertised for a home still in development, interviews will start from approximately the start of September, once you have applied we will endeavour to keep you updated, with an aim for employment to start 4 - 6 weeks before the opening of the home to allow for training to be completed.
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care