St. Andrew's Court, Hull: HU3 5QE
Hourly Rate: £9.50
About the Home
St. Andrews Court is a nursing home with a difference! This purpose built service in Hull is home for up to 20 service users but will not have the traditional nursing home feel. The unique layout at St. Andrews Court means that we can care for adults with a vast array of complex mental and physical health needs and associated challenging behaviours.
The post of Kitchen / Catering Manager is all about ensuring that services users are offered meals which are nutritious, balanced and appetising, whilst catering for their dietary needs, likes and dislikes, working within IDDSI framework.
As the Kitchen Manager, your key tasks will include:
- Maintaining a balanced and varied menu
- Meeting with service users to identify their food likes/dislikes
- Menu planning in advance, ensuring that choice is offered for every meal
- Preparing and cooking food in an a safe manner
- Preparing a well-balanced diet for those with medical conditions or faiths which require special diets
- Ensuring that all food hygiene standards are complied with, completing all relevant checks and records
- Ensuring that the kitchen is staffed appropriately and that the team is provided with a full induction and training and development programme
- Controlling stock and purchases, working within an allocated budgets
We would expect that you will have Food Hygiene Level 3 or be working towards it, and have previous experience in a similar position.
What do we offer:
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 3 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
If this sounds like your ideal job, what are you waiting for - click the apply now link to complete your application form online.
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care