Position: Catering Assistant
Care home: Hillside Court
Location: St Anthony’s Road, Leeds, LS11 8FG
Contract type: 40 hours per week
Rate: Up to £10.42 per hour
Are you looking for a catering job with a difference? Join us as our new Catering Assistant at Hillside Court care home in Leeds.
In this role, you’ll help the Chef to prepare and cook food for the people we support, set dining tables and keep the kitchen clean.
Meal times are an important part of our daily routine, even more so for those living in care homes. In this role, you’ll ensure everyone has a positive dining experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a brand new team, in a state of the art, purpose built home. You’ll have the chance to really make your mark.
About Exemplar Health Care
Hillside Court is part of Exemplar Health Care, one of the country’s leading nursing care providers.
When open, Hillside Court will specialise in supporting adults living with complex mental health needs, neuro-disabilities and physical disabilities.
As well as stable and secure employment opportunities, we offer great benefits and perks, and plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and progress.
About the role
Our Catering Assistants make delicious and nourishing meals for people with a range of dietary requirements.
No two days will ever be the same, but your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- assisting with basic food preparation
- keeping the kitchen clean and tidy including washing up, cleaning freezers and mopping floors
- cleaning and sanitising all tableware
- understanding people’s needs, likes and choices to help the Chef develop suitable menus
- interacting with the people we support to get feedback on meals
- complying with food hygiene standards
- being a great team player, working as part of the wider Catering Team.
If you haven’t worked in the care sector before, we’ll help you feel right at home from the start with our induction, buddy, and ongoing training programmes.
Download our job description to read more: https://brochures.exemplarhc.com/view/1029895735/
We value relevant experience and qualifications, but they aren’t essential for this role.
Above all, you’re someone who identifies with our values of fun, integrity, responsiveness, success and teamwork.
- have a keen interest in food and drink preparation
- have an understanding of food hygiene
- have high standards of personal hygiene
- be an excellent team player
- be adaptable and flexible
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer
We offer great rewards and perks including:
- excellent supervision, peer support, learning opportunities and career prospects
- access to wages before payday with fastP.A.Y.E
- retail and lifestyle reward discounts
- free DBS check
- 24/7 counselling and support
- Blue Light Card eligibility.
How to apply
Sound good? We’d love to hear from you. Click the button to ‘APPLY NOW’.
For an informal chat about joining us, call us on 01977 630830 or email email@example.com.
Please note, applicants must be authorised to work in the UK. We’re unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.