Position: Care Practitioner
Care Home: Havenmere
Location: Immingham (DN40 1JP)
Contract type: Up to 48 hours per week
Shifts Available: Must be flexible (weekends required)
Rate: £11.44 per hour
CQC Rating: Good (03-Apr-19)
Are you a caring, compassionate and cheerful person with lots to give? Join us as our new Care Practitioner at Havenmere care home in Immingham.
Being a Care Practitioner is an extremely rewarding role. In it, you’ll carry out delegated healthcare tasks and provide person-centred care to support our service users to maximise their independence and live their best lives.
It’s ideal for an experienced Health Care Assistant or Senior who’s looking for the next step in their career.
This role will give you a tremendous sense of achievement and pride – you’ll be making a real difference each and every day.
And you can be proud to work for one of the country’s leading providers. The number of our homes rated ‘Good’ and ‘Outstanding’ far exceeds the national average.
Havenmere is part of Exemplar Health Care, one of the country’s leading nursing care providers.
We support adults living with neurological conditions and neuro-disabilities including brain injuries and Huntington’s disease, complex mental health needs and spinal injuries.
As well as stable and secure employment opportunities, we offer great benefits and perks, and plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and progress.
About the role
The Care Practitioner role bridges the gap between Health Care Assistants and Registered Nurses.
It involves leadership responsibilities. You’ll play an active role in the running of your unit, managing a small Care Team to ensure people’s needs are met.
Care Practitioners work under the supervision of our Registered Nurses to take on delegated clinical tasks including:
- administering medication
- basic nursing care such as PEG feeds and wound management
- supervising and training junior colleagues
- recording vital observations.
We have higher-than-average staffing levels when compared to other care providers, giving you more time to spend with the people you support.
Download our job description to read more: https://brochures.exemplarhc.com/view/1030564288/
To apply for this role, you must have a level 3 qualification in health and social care, Maths and English GCSE at grade C or above, or a relevant functional skills qualification.
You’ll also have a Level 4 Lead Practitioner in Adult Care or be willing to work towards it.
You’re someone who identifies with our Exemplar Health Care values of fun, integrity, responsiveness, success and teamwork.
- caring, kind, understanding and calm
- able to deal with, and defuse, challenging situations
- an excellent team leader, able to coach, mentor, motivate and support others
- an experienced care worker
- energetic and outgoing, with a positive, can-do attitude
- someone with excellent written communication skills, confident filling in care plans [JW5]
- a great listener and communicator.
What we offer
We offer great rewards and perks including:
- regular supervision, peer support, learning opportunities and career prospects
- access to wages before payday with fastP.A.Y.E
- retail and lifestyle discounts
- free DBS check
- 24/7 counselling and support
- Blue Light Card eligibility.
How to apply
Sound good? We’d love to hear from you. Click the button to ‘APPLY NOW’.
For an informal chat about joining us, call us on 01977 630830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, applicants must be authorised to work in the UK. We’re unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.