Care Home Cook
Location: Blackmoor, Birmingham, B33 0PE
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £9.16ph plus benefits*
As a Cook withing Blackmoor you will work alternate weekends, with currently 4 x 10 hour shifts between the hours of 8am and 6pm.
Our new complex needs care home, Blackmoor, has recently opened and provides specialist nursing care for adults living with a range of complex and high acuity care needs.
The home has 30 large bedrooms - each with an ensuite wet room - spread over three floors and surrounded by large landscaped gardens around the home. It will care for 30 adults living with a range of complex needs including mental and physical health conditions.
As a cook, we would expect that you will be:
• Preparing, cooking and serving food and working within IDDSI framework,
• Ensuring that food is presented well and looks appetising
• Ensuring that food is stored according to food hygiene legislation
• Minimising waste levels and disposing of food in an appropriate manner
• Carrying out food and fridge temperature checks, and recording as necessary
• A team player, able to work as part of a team whilst also having the ability to work on your own initiative
• Interacting with our service users on a daily basis
• Obtaining feedback on food, reporting any compliments, comments or complaints
We'd also expect that you will hold a food hygiene certificate to at least level 2 (intermediate) or be working towards it and have a good understanding of your role in the prevention and control of infection, and promoting good health and safety practices.
Working for Exemplar, you can expect:
• Career progression
• A challenging and rewarding working environment
• Exemplar rewards - online shopping, discounts and vouchers
• Job satisfaction
• 5.6 weeks holiday.
• Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
• Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
• Pension plan.
• Free car parking.
• Free uniform.
• Comprehensive paid induction program.
• Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
• Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500
Additional info/about Exemplar:
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
At Exemplar, we enhance the lives of our services users, families and staff by providing everyone with the opportunity to develop, grow and reach their potential - irrespective of health
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
*Ts & Cs apply
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care