Health Care Assistant
Position: Health Care Assistant
Care home: Kavanagh Place
Location: Kirkdale, Liverpool
Contract type: Full time and part time hours available
Rate: £10.42 per hour
Care home CQC rating: Good
Are you a caring, compassionate and cheerful person with lots to give? Join us as our new Health Care Assistant at Kavanagh Place care home in Liverpool.
As a Health Care Assistant, you’ll support adults living with complex care needs to live their best lives.
This role will give you a tremendous sense of achievement and pride – you’ll be making a real difference each and every day.
And, you can be proud to work for one of the country’s leading providers. The number of our homes rated ‘Good’ and ‘Outstanding’ far exceeds the national average.
About Exemplar Health Care
Kavanagh Place is part of Exemplar Health Care, a leading provider of specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs.
We support adults living with complex mental health needs, complex dementia and physical disabilities. The home's Abbey Unit is exclusively for people who identify as male.
Kavanagh Place's latest CQC report can be found here: https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-112247212
As well as stable and secure employment opportunities, we offer great benefits and perks, and plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and progress.
To take a virtual tour of Kavanagh Place click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8jfJcu1yzU
About the role
Our Health Care Assistants support people to live their best lives, whatever that looks like to them.
No two days will ever be the same, but your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
• Supporting people with their personal care
• Assisting people at meal times
• Understanding individual health and well-being needs
• Encouraging and supporting people to take part in social activities, both in and out of the home
• Promoting choice, dignity, independence and respect
• Completing and maintaining care records.
We have higher-than-average staffing levels when compared to other care providers. There are usually up to six colleagues on each unit that supports around ten people, giving you more time to spend with the people you support.
Download our job description to read more: https://brochures.exemplarhc.com/view/1029766837/
We value relevant experience and qualifications, but they aren’t essential for this role.
Above all, you’re someone who identifies with our Exemplar Health Care values of fun, integrity, responsiveness, success and teamwork.
• caring, kind, understanding and calm
• able to deal with, and defuse, challenging situations
• energetic and outgoing, with a positive, can-do attitude
• a great listener and communicator.
You’ll put people at the heart of everything you do.
If you haven’t worked in the care sector before, we’ll help you feel right at home from the start with our induction, buddy and ongoing training programmes.
What we offer
We offer great rewards and perks including:
• regular supervision, peer support, learning opportunities and career prospects
• access to wages before payday with fast P.A.Y.E
• retail and lifestyle discounts
• free DBS check
• 24/7 counselling and support
• Blue Light Card eligibility.
How to apply
Sound good? We’d love to hear from you. Click the button to ‘APPLY NOW’.
For an informal chat about joining us, call us on 01977 630830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, applicants must be authorised to work in the UK. We’re unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.