Care home: Meadowcroft
Location: Sutton-in-Ashfield (NG17 4BR)
Contract type: Permanent - full time hours available
Shifts available: Various hours available
Rate: £10.92 ph
CQC rating:Good (14-Dec-17)
We’re looking for caring, fun and compassionate people to join the Meadowcroft team as Care Assistants, also known as Support Workers.
At Meadowcroft, you’ll support adults living with complex mental health needs to live their best lives.
This is an extremely rewarding role which offers stable and secure employment, with lots of opportunities to learn and develop, and great rewards and benefits.
About the role
Your role will involve supporting people with all aspects of their day-to-day living. No two days are the same, but your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- encouraging and engaging people in learning and developing their daily living skills and independence
- recognising when people are unwell and providing the appropriate support
- supporting people with their personal care such as getting washed, having a shower and getting dressed
- assisting people at meal times
- supporting people with their health and wellbeing needs
- encouraging people to take part in social activities, both inside and outside the home
- promoting choice, dignity, independence and respect at all times
- filling in care records.
First and foremost, we’re looking for people who match our values of fun, integrity, responsive, success and teamwork.
Whilst experience and/or a relevant qualification or training, such as a diploma or NVQ, is desirable, you don’t need to have a qualification to be a Care Assistant with us. We provide full training and support.
To apply for this role, you should:
- be caring, compassionate and kind
- have an interest in and passion for working in mental health
- be passionate about working with people and providing the best possible care
- promote equality, diversity and belonging
- have a calm nature and be able to deal with and defuse challenging situations
- have a positive can-do attitude
- have an energetic and outgoing personality, passionate about making people happy
- be a great communicator.
Rewards and benefits
We offer great rewards and benefits for our Health Care Assistants including:
- paid DBS check
- lifestyle and retail discounts
- 24/7 counselling support line
- access wages early via fastP.A.Y.E
- Company Shop membership.
How to Apply:
If this role sounds like a good match for you, please apply on our Exemplar HC website. If you have any specific questions please call us for an informal chat on 01977630830. Please note we only accept applications from U.K based applicants