Position: Care Assistant
Care home: Fernwood
Location: 239 Knowsley Lane, Knowsley, L36 8EL
Contract type: full time and part time hours
Rate: Up to £10.77 per hour
Are you a caring, compassionate and cheerful person with lots to give? Join us as our new Care Assistant at Fernwood care home in Knowsley.
As a Care Assistant, you’ll support adults living with complex care needs to live their best lives.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a brand new team, in a state of the art, purpose built home. You’ll have the chance to really make your mark.
And you can be proud to work for one of the country’s leading providers. The number of our homes rated ‘Good’ and ‘Outstanding’ far exceeds the national average.
About Exemplar Health Care
Fernwood is part of Exemplar Health Care, one of the country’s leading nursing care providers.
When open, Fernwood will support adults living with acquired brain injuries, complex mental health needs, dementia and physical disabilities.
As well as stable and secure employment opportunities, we offer great benefits and perks, and plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and progress.
About the role
Our Care Assistants support people to live their best lives, whatever that looks like to them.
No two days will ever be the same, but your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- supporting people with their personal care
- assisting people at meal times
- understanding individual health and wellbeing needs
- encouraging and supporting people to take part in social activities, both in and out of the home
- promoting choice, dignity, independence and respect
- completing and maintaining care records.
We have higher-than-average staffing levels when compared to other care providers, giving you more time to spend with the people you support.
Download our job description to read more:
We value relevant experience and qualifications, but they aren’t essential for this role.
Above all, you’re someone who identifies with our Exemplar Health Care values of fun, integrity, responsiveness, success and teamwork.
- caring, kind, understanding and calm
- able to deal with, and defuse, challenging situations
- energetic and outgoing, with a positive, can-do attitude
- a great listener and communicator.
You’ll put people at the heart of everything you do.
If you haven’t worked in the care sector before, we’ll help you feel right at home from the start with our induction, buddy and ongoing training programmes.
What we offer
We offer great rewards and perks including:
- regular supervision, peer support, learning opportunities and career prospects
- access to wages before payday with fastP.A.Y.E
- retail and lifestyle discounts
- free DBS check
- 24/7 counselling and support
- Blue Light Card eligibility.
How to apply
Sound good? We’d love to hear from you. Click the button to ‘APPLY NOW’.
For an informal chat about joining us, call us on 01977 630830 or email email@example.com.
Please note, applicants must be authorised to work in the UK. We’re unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.