Position: Bank Registered Nurse
Care Home: Yarningdale
Location: Ripley (DE5 9SG)
Contract type: Bank
Shifts Available: 12 hour shifts - Days or Nights
Salary: £21.01 per hour
Yarningdale complex needs care home is out 20 bed complex home that specialises in supporting adults living with dementia, complex mental health needs and neuro-disabilities including brain injuries and Huntington’s disease.
We support people on their rehabilitation journey from hospital or living in a secure setting to community-based living. We also provide long term support for people living with degenerative or life-limiting illnesses.
The home has two ten-bed units, which gives it a homely and welcoming feel. Yarningdale also has an OneCare service which provides nursing care in a domestic environment, for those whose needs require they live alone.
Yarningdale is rated ‘Good’ with the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
To take a virtual tour of Yarningdale click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNNlKuYA8KU
About the role
This is a highly skilled nursing role where you’ll be accountable and responsible for supporting people’s holistic needs. It requires a range of clinical and nursing skills.
You’ll provide the highest standards of nursing care for adults living with complex care and health needs. Our care focuses on maximising independence and building everyday living skills.
No two days will ever be the same, but your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- assessing, planning and implementing care for the people we support
- providing person-centred and evidence-based nursing care
- developing collaborative needs-based care plans through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation
- safe administration of medication
- promoting health and wellbeing
- being the Nurse in Charge of a small unit whilst on shift
- managing situations when people display behaviours which may challenge
- promoting choice, dignity, independence and respect.
Download our job description to read more:
Above all, you’re someone who identifies with our Exemplar Health Care values of fun, integrity, responsiveness, success and teamwork.
You’ll also be:
- a great role model – able to coach, teach and support your colleagues
- someone with a calm nature who can deal with, and defuse, challenging situations
- an advocate of best practice in nursing
- able to demonstrate a range of clinical skills
- knowledgeable about assessment, admission and discharge processes
- knowledgeable of the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and committed to working within its Codes of Practice.
A career with us will give you the opportunity to learn new skills and see the rewarding progress the people we support make.
To apply for this role, you must have a first-level nursing registration with a valid Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) PIN. We’re looking for Registered Nurses, from all backgrounds (Adult, Mental Health and Learning Disability Nurses).
What we offer
We offer great rewards and perks including:
- excellent supervision, peer support, learning opportunities and career prospects
- retail and lifestyle reward discounts
- free DBS check
- paid NMC membership
- paid access to the RCNi Learning platform
- 24/7 counselling and support
- Blue Light Card eligibility.
How to apply
Sound good? We’d love to hear from you. Click the button to ‘APPLY NOW’.
For further details on the role please contact Grace Cockroft on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, this role is not eligible for sponsorship. Candidates without an existing visa or right to work in the UK are unlikely to be suitable for the post.