Behaviour Support Lead
Starting Salary £25,000 increasing to £27,000 on complettion of sucessful probation.
At Exemplar we care for people with a wide range of complex needs, including behaviour that challenges. Exemplar understands that in many ways, this behaviour can be addressed by meeting our Service Users needs effectively and the Behaviour Support Team has a key role to play.
The Behaviour Support Team consists of dedicated qualified and unqualified staff tasked with supporting all our homes with the management of behaviour that challenges.
This includes developing, delivering and evaluating training programmes from both psychological and physical perspectives.
You will be more than a trainer, you will be supporting our homes with the formulation of behaviour support plans, reviewing behaviour records and working closely with the staff to role model effective crisis management.
As a member of the Behaviour Support Team you will need:
- A keen interest and positive approach towards service users that display behaviour that challenges
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- The ability to work autonomously and display good clinical judgement
- Experience of working with complex service users, including the use of psychological approaches, de-escalation and restrictive physical intervention
- To demonstrate effective teaching skills and be able to deliver training in a range of formats, including teaching de-escalation and physical intervention skills
- To have the ability to travel as the role covers the whole group, travel is essential, including occasional overnight stays. A full current UK driving license will also be required.
- Nurses will need to be RMN or RNLD qualified Or an RGN with extensive experience in a mental health or learning disability setting with up to date registration and PIN. Other Registered Professionals may also be considered (OT, Physio etc.) with relevant experience
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care