Care Home: Brook View
Location: Fazakerley, Liverpool (L9 7JU)
Contract type: Temporary - full time
Shifts Available: Administrator hours 40
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 40 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
About Brook View:
Brook View supports 32 adults living with complex mental health needs and physical disabilities, including those who need specialist nursing care, such as tracheotomy care.
The home has four ten-bed units, which gives it a homely and welcoming feel.
Brook View has an average rating of 5 out of 5 on carehome.co.uk.
To take a virtual tour of Brook View click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erq-MAGoy3s
About the Role:
- Assist the Office Manager in maintaining accurate and complete financial records of the home in line with company policies using computerised and manual systems
- Provide administrative/secretarial support for all activities of the home including taking and transcribing minutes of meetings
- Establish and maintain filing systems and ensure accurate and speedy recovery of data and records
- Articulately share relevant information within your home
- Establish and maintain quality records
- Keep business diaries, organise appointments and make travel arrangements
- Secure Service User and company property and premises
- Answer the telephone, respond to enquiries from Service Users and visitors at reception, and re-direct enquiries where appropriate
- Order staff uniforms and maintain stationary supplies keeping accurate records accordingly
- Produce any letters required by home management
- Maintain a professional environment at all times including reception area and promote high standards throughout the home
- In order to be effective in this role, you’ll need to have great communication skills, both written and verbal and be able to liaise with people at all levels including staff, visitors and service users
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Outlook, Word and Excel is required
- We expect that you’ll have had some previous administration/secretarial experience and if you’ve worked in a care/nursing home environment it would be beneficial but not essential
- You’ll need to be able to produce work to a high standard, with minimal errors, so an eye for detail and accuracy is an absolute must, as is an ability to work to tight deadlines
About Your Career:
At Exemplar Health Care, we’re committed to investing in our colleagues. We recognise talent and promote from within.
There are a range of diverse roles within Exemplar Health Care, both in the administrator stream and within our Central Services Team
About Your Benefits*:
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- Exemplar rewards including retail discounts and vouchers
- Pension plan
- Free car parking
- Outstanding career progression
- Comprehensive induction program
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications
About Our Values:
At Exemplar Health Care, our FIRST values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our residents and colleagues; our values are:
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
For further details on the role please contact for an informal chat or alternatively email: firstname.lastname@example.org