Care home: Wykewood
Location: Wyke, Bradford
Contract type:30 Hours per week
Care home CQC rating: Good
Are you someone with great administrative skills and an eye for detail? Join us as our new Administrator at Wykewood care home in Bradford.
As an Administrator, you’ll support with all aspects of administration to ensure our home runs smoothly.
You’ll provide secretarial support, including drafting letters, managing filing systems, ordering staff uniforms and stationary, organising appointments and transcribing meeting minutes.
Often, you’ll be the first point of call for colleagues, the people we support and visitors in the home, so you must be friendly, welcoming and have a can-do attitude.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your skills to make a real difference every day.
About Exemplar Health Care
Wykewood is part of Exemplar Health Care, a leading provider of nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs.
We support adults living with complex mental health needs and neuro-disabilities, including Huntington’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
As well as stable and secure employment opportunities, we offer great benefits and perks, and plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and progress.
About the role
Our Administrators provide administrative and secretarial support for all activities in the home.
No two days will ever be the same, but your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- maintaining accurate financial records and our purchase ordering/sales ledger system
- taking and transcribing minutes of meetings
- managing business diaries, organising appointments and making travel arrangements
- answering the telephone and responding to enquiries
- completing the relevant checks for new colleagues
- ordering colleague uniforms
- promoting choice, dignity and independence.
Download our job description to read more:
We value relevant experience and qualifications, but they aren’t essential for this role.
Above all, you’re someone who identifies with our values of fun, integrity, responsiveness, success and teamwork.
You’ll also have:
- experience of working in administration or office management
- efficient data processing skills
- keen attention to detail
- the ability to work to deadline
- an approachable and friendly personality
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- good working IT knowledge and digital skills.
You’ll put people at the heart of everything you do. We can guarantee that whatever you bring to this key role, you’ll see great rewards.
If you haven’t worked in the care sector before, we’ll help you feel right at home from the start with our induction, buddy, and ongoing training programmes.
What we offer
We offer great rewards and perks including:
- regular supervision, peer support, learning opportunities and career prospects
- retail and lifestyle discounts
- free DBS check
- 24/7 counselling and support
- Blue Light Card eligibility.
How to apply
Sound good? We’d love to hear from you. Click the button to ‘APPLY NOW’.
For an informal chat about joining us, call us on 01977 630830 or email [POD EMAIL ADDRESS].
Please note, applicants must be authorised to work in the UK. We’re unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.