Administrator - Fixed-Term until 8 month
Care Home: Lakeview
Location: Leigh, WN7 5EY
Lakeview is a 30 bed service for adults with complex needs, divided into three 10-bed units (including two specialist bariatric bedroom suites). With expertise across a range of neuro-disabilities, mental ill-health, brain injury, stroke and early-onset dementia, at Lakeview the focus is on what matters to people. Our approach is about making sure people are at the centre of their care whilst involving other people who make a difference in the person’s life – family, friends and the community.
- Assist the Office Manager maintain accurate and complete financial records of the Home in line with Company policies using computer and manual system
- Provide administrative/secretarial support for all activities of the home including take and transcribe minutes of meetings.
- Establish and maintain filing systems and ensure accurate and speedy recovery of data and records.
- Distribute received company information as required
- Establish and maintain quality records.
- Keep business diaries, organise appointments and make travel arrangements.
- Secure service user and company property and premises.
- Answer the telephone, respond to enquiries from Service Users and Visitors at Reception, and Re-direct enquiries where appropriate.
- Order Staff uniforms and maintain stationary supplies keeping accurate records accordingly
- Produce any letters required by home management
- Maintain a professional environment at all time including reception area and promote high standards throughout the home
- Timely archiving of records
- In order to be effective in this role, you’ll need to have great communication skills – both written and verbal – and be able to liaise with people at all levels, including staff, visitors and service users.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Outlook, Word and Excel is required.
- We expect that you’ll have had some previous administration/secretarial experience previously, and if you’ve worked in a care/nursing home environment that would be beneficial but it’s not essential.
- You’ll need to be able to produce work to a high standard, with minimal errors, so an eye for detail and accuracy is an absolute must, as is an ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ideally looking for someone who has previous experience in an office manager role.
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 2 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care