Care Home: Blackmoor
Location: Blackmoor, Birmingham, B33 0PE
Exemplar Health Care made first place in the “Tomorrow’s Care” awards 2021 for our commitment to supporting colleagues , mental health and wellbeing so be assured you are joining a company that really does want to make every day better.
Our new complex needs care home, Blackmoor, will open in mid-2021 and will provide specialist nursing care for adults living with a range of complex and high acuity care needs.
Construction of the home started in March 2020, and is due to be completed in mid-2021, bringing around 150 jobs and support for the most vulnerable adults to the local area.
The home will have 30 large bedrooms - each with an ensuite wet room - spread over three floors and surrounded by large landscaped gardens around the home. It will care for 30 adults living with a range of complex needs including mental and physical health conditions.
As the Administrator, you’ll be involved in:
- Assist the Office Manager maintain accurate and complete financial records of the Home in line with Company policies using computer and manual system
- Provide administrative/secretarial support for all activities of the home including take and transcribe minutes of meetings.
- Establish and maintain filing systems and ensure accurate and speedy recovery of data and records.
- Distribute received company information as required
- Establish and maintain quality records.
- Keep business diaries, organise appointments and make travel arrangements.
- Secure service user and company property and premises.
- Answer the telephone, respond to enquiries from Service Users and Visitors at Reception, and Re-direct enquiries where appropriate.
- Order Staff uniforms and maintain stationary supplies keeping accurate records accordingly
- Produce any letters required by home management
- Maintain a professional environment at all time including reception area and promote high standards throughout the home
- Timely archiving of records
About your experience
- In order to be effective in this role, you’ll need to have great communication skills – both written and verbal – and be able to liaise with people at all levels, including staff, visitors and service users.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Outlook, Word and Excel is required.
- We expect that you’ll have had some previous administration/secretarial experience previously, and if you’ve worked in a care/nursing home environment that would be beneficial but it’s not essential.
- You’ll need to be able to produce work to a high standard, with minimal errors, so an eye for detail and accuracy is an absolute must, as is an ability to work to tight deadlines
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care