Care Home: Thames House
Location: Rochdale, OL16 5NY
- Providing a clerical and secretarial service for all activities of the home, including promotions
- Taking minutes of meetings (including investigation and disciplinary meetings)
- Handling sales enquiries
- Maintaining staff records and carrying out pre-employment checks
- Collating staff working hours to ensure that staff are paid correctly
- Controlling petty cash, including balancing spend and requesting top ups
- Processing invoices on a weekly basis, checking supplier statements and raising queries as necessary
- Sending out sales invoices to local authorities
- Maintaining resident’s monies
- Meeting and greeting visitors to the home
- Answering the telephone and re-directing calls as appropriate
- In order to be effective in this role, you’ll need to have great communication skills – both written and verbal – and be able to liaise with people at all levels, including staff, visitors and service users.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Outlook, Word and Excel is required.
- We expect that you’ll have had some previous administration/secretarial experience previously, and if you’ve worked in a care/nursing home environment that would be beneficial but it’s not essential.
- You’ll need to be able to produce work to a high standard, with minimal errors, so an eye for detail and accuracy is an absolute must, as is an ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ideally looking for someone who has previous experience in an office manager role.
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 2 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager