Position: Lead Activities Coordinator
Care home: Lakeview
Location: Leigh, Wigan
Contract type: 40 Hours
Rate: £10.98 Per Hour
Care home CQC rating: Good
Are you an enthusiastic people person who loves to bring the fun? As a Lead Activities Coordinator, you’ll lead your team in organizing meaningful and entertaining activities for the people we support. You’ll play a key role in empowering them to live fulfilled and happy lives.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference every day. Join us as our new Lead Activities Coordinator/Life Skills Coordinator at Lakeview care home in Wigan.
About Exemplar Health Care
Lakeview is part of Exemplar Health Care, a leading provider of nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs.
We support adults living with complex mental health needs, dementia, neuro-disabilities including Huntington’s disease, and physical disabilities.
As well as stable and secure employment opportunities, we offer great benefits and perks, and plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and progress.
About the role
Our Lead Activities Coordinators lead our Activities Team and organize creative and fun activities for the people we support.
No two days will ever be the same, but your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- organizing individual activity plans based on people’s unique goals and interests
- fostering community spirit through group activities
- supporting people to maintain their current, and take up new, hobbies, interests and educational opportunities
- assisting people to become more involved in their local community
- celebrating national awareness days, holidays and individual/collective achievements
- leading the in-house Activities Team
- promoting choice, dignity and independence.
As part of our mission to make every day better, our high staffing levels give you the time to deliver truly person-centered activities, with a supportive team around you.
Download our job description to read more: https://brochures.exemplarhc.com/view/786591532/
Above all, you’re someone who identifies with our values of fun, integrity, responsiveness, success and teamwork.
- a great leader, able to inspire and motivate a team
- caring, kind and able to see the funny side of life
- a creative thinker, always on the lookout for new activities and ideas
- enthusiastic, encouraging and inclusive
- a born organizer with a positive, can-do approach
- great at listening and communicating
- understanding of individual needs.
You’ll put people at the heart of everything you do.
This role involves leading a team, so relevant experience in a similar role is desirable.
What we offer
We offer great rewards and perks including:
- regular supervision, peer support, learning opportunities and career prospects
- access to wages before payday with fastP.A.Y.E
- retail and lifestyle discounts
- free DBS check
- 24/7 counselling and support
- Blue Light Card eligibility.
How to apply
Sound good? We’d love to hear from you. Click the button to ‘APPLY NOW’.
For an informal chat about joining us, call us on 01977 630830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, applicants must be authorized to work in the UK. We’re unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.