Care Home: Adswood Lodge
Contract type: 20 Hours Per Week
Rate: £10.42 per hour
Are you an enthusiastic people person who loves to bring the fun? As an Activities Coordinator, you’ll organise and lead meaningful and entertaining activities for the people we support. You’ll play a key role in empowering them to live fulfilled and happy lives.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference every day. Join us as our new Activities Coordinator/Life Skills Coordinator at Adswood Lodge care home in Stockport.
About Exemplar Health Care
Adswood Lodge is part of Exemplar Health Care, a leading provider of nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs.
We support adults living with complex mental health needs and neuro disabilities including Huntington's disease and Parkinson's disease.
We’re a brand new home, opened in April 2023, which means it’s an incredibly exciting time to join our growing team.
As well as stable and secure employment opportunities, we offer great benefits and perks, and plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and progress.
About the role
Our Activities Coordinators organise creative and fun activities for the people we support.
No two days will ever be the same, but your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- organising individual activity plans based on people’s unique goals and interests
- fostering community spirit through group activities
- supporting people to maintain their current, and take up new, hobbies, interests and educational opportunities
- assisting people to become more involved in their local community
- celebrating national awareness days, holidays and individual/collective achievements
- promoting choice, dignity and independence.
As part of our mission to make every day better, our high staffing levels give you the time to deliver truly person-centred activities, with a supportive team around you.
Download our job description to read more:
Above all, you’re someone who identifies with our values of fun, integrity, responsiveness, success and teamwork.
- caring, kind and able to see the funny side of life
- a creative thinker, always on the lookout for new activities and ideas
- enthusiastic, encouraging and inclusive
- a born organiser with a positive, can-do approach
- great at listening and communicating
- understanding of individual needs.
You’ll put people at the heart of everything you do.
If you haven’t worked in the care sector before, we’ll help you feel right at home from the start with our induction, buddy and ongoing training programmes. We value relevant experience and qualifications, but they aren’t essential for this role.
What we offer
We offer great rewards and perks including:
- regular supervision, peer support, learning opportunities and career prospects
- access to wages before payday with fast P.A.Y.E
- retail and lifestyle discounts
- free DBS check
- 24/7 counselling and support
- Blue Light Card eligibility.
How to apply
Sound good? We’d love to hear from you. Click the button to ‘APPLY NOW’.
For an informal chat about joining us, call us on 01977 630830 or email email@example.com.
Please note, applicants must be authorised to work in the UK. We’re unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.