Life skills Coordinator
Yarningdale, Ripley, DE5 9SG
Hours: Part time
Hourly Rate: £9.60 per hour
Working with families, professionals and most importantly our service users, we build care and activity plans around individuals. Encouraging service users to be happy and develop their skills is important. We want to ensure they are working towards their goals, and gain a sense of achievement.
Your enthusiasm, warmth and compassion is a fundamental part in helping our Service Users to feel respected, included and cared for. You will promote the core values of care, help maintain independence, dignity, assist with personal care and ensure the physical and emotional needs of our Service Users are met.
- Plan & organise in house activities, including social activities & events with the life skills team
- Identify each Service Users needs whilst promoting independence and choice
- Assist in the development of weekly programmes ensuring all individuals needs are attained
- Plan and organise monthly residents meetings
- Risk assess planned activites and venues with the Life Skills team
- Access appropriate transport
- Monitor and review Service Users participation
- Help to organise and plan fund raising events
- You will need to be well organised and whilst you should be a good team player you should also be able to work on your own initiative and be able to follow instruction.
- Ideally we would like you to have a QCF (NVQ) Level 2 in Health & Social Care
- Experience and involvement in social and recreational activities for Service Users
- A full driving licence is a MUST
- A strong knowledge of the local community
- Ideally we are looking for someone with a artist flair, whether that be in musics or any of the other arts.
What we can offer you:
- 5.6 weeks’ holiday. (Pro rata)
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 2-day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
If you are interested please apply today!
Yarningdale is a specialist care home in Condor, Ripley that supports 20 adults living with complex mental and physical health needs.
The home has two ten-bed units, Robin and Wren, which gives it a homely and welcoming feel. You’ll usually work on one of our units so you can get to know the people you support and develop the clinical skills to support their complex needs.
We’re proud to be the only complex care home in Derbyshire, bringing this much needed service for local people.
Meet our colleagues
Phil works as a Health Care Assistant at our Dearnevale care home . This is his first care job following a 14 year career in the Royal Air Force. Despite not having any experience in care, the induction, support and training prepared him well for the role. Phil loves how rewarding it is to help people in a career in care.
About Exemplar Health Care
Exemplar Health Care is a leading provider of specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs.
Our mission is to make ‘every day better’ for the people we support and our colleagues.
We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
Learning and career development
Our sector-leading learning and development opportunities give you the skills and support to excel in your role and take your career to the next level.
- Welcome induction and role specific induction
- Care Certificate for new care colleagues
- Exemplar Positive Behaviour Support (EPBS) training
- Role specific apprenticeships, diplomas and qualifications
- ABC of Caring programme for Health Care Assistants
- Leadership and management development programmes
Rewards and benefits
Our care homes live and breathe because of the incredible colleagues who work in them.
Our rewards and benefits are just some of the ways we like to say thank you.
- Paid DBS check
- Lifestyle and retail discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access wages early via fastP.A.Y.E
- Company Shop membership
- Paid NMC membership for Registered Nurses
Our values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our people.
We look for these values in everyone who works with us.