Skills Development Facilitator/ Activities Coordinator
Lakeview, Leigh WN7 5EY
Hours: Full Time
Hourly Rate: £9.01 per hour
Exemplar Health Care made first place in the “Tomorrow’s Care” awards 2021 for our commitment to supporting colleagues, mental health and wellbeing so be assured you are joining a company that really does want to make every day better.
Lakeview is a 30 bed service for adults with complex needs, divided into three 10-bed units (including two specialist bariatric bedroom suites). With expertise across a range of neuro-disabilities, mental ill-health, brain injury, stroke and early-onset dementia, at Lakeview the focus is on what matters to people. Our approach is about making sure people are at the centre of their care whilst involving other people who make a difference in the person’s life – family, friends and the community.
Working with families, professionals and most importantly our service users, we build care and activity plans around individuals. Encouraging service users to be happy and develop their skills is important. We want to ensure they are working towards their goals, and gain a sense of achievement.
Your enthusiasm, warmth and compassion is a fundamental part in helping our Service Users to feel respected, included and cared for. You will promote the core values of care, help maintain independence, dignity, assist with personal care and ensure the physical and emotional needs of our Service Users are met.
- Plan & organise in house activities, including social activities & events with the life skills team
- Identify each Service Users needs whilst promoting independence and choice
- Assist in the development of weekly programmes ensuring all individuals needs are attained
- Plan and organise monthly residents meetings
- Risk assess planned activites and venues with the Life Skills team
- Access appropriate transport
- Monitor and review Service Users participation
- Help to organise and plan fund raising events
- You will need to be well organised and whilst you should be a good team player you should also be able to work on your own initiative and be able to follow instruction.
- Ideally we would like you to have a QCF (NVQ) Level 2 in Health & Social Care
- Experience and involvement in social and recreational activities for Service Users
- a full driving licence is a MUST
- A strong knowledge of the local community
- Ideally we are looking for someone with a artist flair, whether that be in musics or any of the other arts.
What we can offer you:
- 5.6 weeks holiday. (Pro rata)
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 4 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme – Up to £1,500
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
If you are interested please apply today!
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve, providing a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
Our Equality , Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging vision statement is to ‘make every day better by creating a fair and inclusive culture where we live our values and celebrate our differences, to provide the best care for our community’.
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care