Location: Blackmoor, Birmingham, B33 0PE
Hours: Full Time
Hourly Rate: £8.91 per hour plus benefits*
Our new complex needs care home, Blackmoor, will open in mid-2021 and will provide specialist nursing care for adults living with a range of complex and high acuity care needs.
Construction of the home started in March 2020, and is due to be completed in mid-2021, bringing around 150 jobs and support for the most vulnerable adults to the local area.
The home will have 30 large bedrooms - each with an ensuite wet room - spread over three floors and surrounded by large landscaped gardens around the home. It will care for 30 adults living with a range of complex needs including mental and physical health conditions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of our Therapy Team. This will be a diverse and varied role and will involve assisting the Physio and Occupational Therapist with their daily duties, as well as developing and delivering activities and events for our service users
Responsibilities of the role:
- Plan & organise in house activities, including social activities & events with the life skills team
- Identify each Service Users needs whilst promoting independence and choice
- Assist in the development of weekly programmes ensuring all individuals needs are attained
- Plan and organise monthly resident’s meetings
- Risk assess planned activities and venues with the Life Skills team
- Access appropriate transport
- Monitor and review Service Users participation
- Help to organise and plan fund raising events
- You will need to be well organised and whilst you should be a good team player you should also be able to work on your own initiative and be able to follow instruction.
- Planning, facilitating, and contributing to the provision of a service user centred programme of therapeutic activities, with a skills, rehabilitation and recovery focus
- Providing high quality care to all Service Users in accordance with individual care plans, guidelines and rehabilitation programmes
- Delivering specialised rehabilitative, skills-based work, delegated as part of an individual’s specific support plan, to enable service users to achieve their goals and aspirations in relation to their optimal performance in self-care, leisure and productivity.
- Championing service users’ rights for social inclusion and working with the nursing team to optimise opportunities for this
- Promote physical health through activity and support other team members to expand the opportunities for activities that promote recovery and wellbeing
- Support in the assessment of service users’ functioning and performance and their overall health needs using a range of standardised assessment tools
• You must have experience and involvement in social and recreational activities for Service Users
• You should have a strong knowledge of the local community
• Ideally we are looking for someone with an artistic flair, whether that be in music or any of the other arts.
What we can offer you:
- 5.6 weeks holiday
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 2 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care